Skip to content ↓

Special Educational Needs & Disability

From time to time as your child progresses through Box School you may find that you need additional advice and support, either on issues relating to their educational progress or their well-being.

If you have any concerns you would like to talk to us about, please make an appointment with your child’s class teacher. Together, you can make a decision about how to tackle the issue and what the next steps are. It may be that the concern can be resolved between you and the class teacher, or alternatively, it might warrant the intervention of our school’s Inclusion Manager/SENCo, Cathy Clack. The Inclusion Manager will aim to offer help and advice in a variety of ways through our special educational needs and disability provision (SEND) and in some cases through the advice and support of external agencies.

Similarly, if you feel that any outside factors (perhaps a family issue i.e. separation or bereavement or even a medical issue) may have an impact on your child's learning and well-being, it is vitally important that you keep the school informed.

Here is a non-exhaustive list of external agencies that we might access:

  • Educational Psychology
  • Behaviour Support
  • Speech and Language Therapy
  • Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS)
  • Ethnic Minority Achievement Service (EMAS)
  • Specialist Educational Needs Service (SSENS)

You can find out more about the Wiltshire Local Offer at

The Department for Education has published a SEND guide for parent and carers.

This is the school's SEND policy

Annual SEN Governors' Report

SEND Information Report