Regular attendance is an essential foundation for raising pupil attainment. Absence from school can seriously disrupt pupils’ continuity of learning. Not only do they miss out on taught lessons, but many children find it difficult to catch up when they return to school.
Absence and illness
The school should be notified of the following:
1) Absence from school (please notify the school by 9:15am on the first day of absence)
3) Change of address, telephone number or emergency number
4) Change in home circumstances that might affect a child’s performance at school
5) Holidays/absences in term time can only be authorised in exceptional circumstances and in advance of the absence.
Attendance for 2021/22
Percentage of half days (sessions) missed through absence for the latest complete reporting year:
- Authorised absence - school 4.5% (Primary Schools in England 2.9% in 2018/19)
- Unauthorised absence - school 0.5% (Primary Schools in England 1.1% in 2018/19)