Ethos and Values
Our Prayer Book
At Box Primary School we will begin to prepare children for life by providing an education which is broad, balanced and based on the development and application of skills which will be differentiated to meet individual needs.
- We will help children to reach their potential by helping them to develop intellectually, creatively, culturally, emotionally, physically, socially and spiritually and above all help them to develop a lifelong love of learning.
- We will do this by creating an attractive environment that is stimulating, safe and for which the children are encouraged to care and respect.
- We will ensure that each child has full access to the activities of the school, regardless of ability, race, gender or religion.
- We will encourage a sense of community spirit through our involvement with the local churches and other village and community activities as well as the global community.
- In every aspect of school life, we will seek to take account of what is in the best interests of the children.
- We will ensure that all members of the school community feel valued by maintaining good channels of communication, support networks and by listening and responding to issues raised.
Big Questions and Discussion Topics
Some families have enjoyed discussing the big questions we use in assemblies at home. To support this the big questions for term 1 on 'Responsibility' are listed below. You can also download the 'Home School Values' activities sheet on Responsibility that families can do together to stimulate discussion and reflection.
- How can you be responsible?
- Why do we do things for ourselves?
- Do you have to be responsible for other people's actions?
- Why are older siblings responsible?
- Can you be responsible for your parents/your family/friends?
- Can being irresponsible cause other people to suffer?
- Can you be responsible for people you don't know?
- Is God responsible for looking after the world?
- Can everyone be responsible for looking after the world?
- Why does a penguin looking after a baby represent responsibility?
- What were Jesus's responsibilities?
- Is God responsible for Jesus?
- Is God responsible for all our actions?