Ethos and Values
Our Prayer Book
At Box Primary School we will begin to prepare children for life by providing an education which is broad, balanced and based on the development and application of skills which will be differentiated to meet individual needs.
- We will help children to reach their potential by helping them to develop intellectually, creatively, culturally, emotionally, physically, socially and spiritually and above all help them to develop a lifelong love of learning.
- We will do this by creating an attractive environment that is stimulating, safe and for which the children are encouraged to care and respect.
- We will ensure that each child has full access to the activities of the school, regardless of ability, race, gender or religion.
- We will encourage a sense of community spirit through our involvement with the local churches and other village and community activities as well as the global community.
- In every aspect of school life, we will seek to take account of what is in the best interests of the children.
- We will ensure that all members of the school community feel valued by maintaining good channels of communication, support networks and by listening and responding to issues raised.
Big Questions and Discussion Topics
Some families have enjoyed discussing the big questions we use in assemblies at home. To support this the big questions for term 2 on 'Peace' are listed below. You can also download the 'Home School Values' activities sheet on Peace that families can do together to stimulate discussion and reflection.
- What is peace?
- Why is it hard to be peaceful when you are angry?
- What do you have to do to be peaceful?
- Why isn't there peace in some countries/places?
- What are the symbols of peace?
- What in my surroundings help me to feel peaceful?
- What does inner peace mean?
- How does peace link to Christmas